Yes. You can print date and packaging time in real time. You can also print the best-before date. You can also print one or more sequential numbers. This is useful if you have one or more production lines.
Any logo can be printed (in .BMP format) and insert one or more barcodes either straight or turned on the same label.
You can print your products or packaging on a non-stop continuous production line with a Eidos printer dedicated to your needs.
The thermal transfer method is eco-friendly. No liquid inks are required.
Ordinary maintenance operations, like ribbon changes, are simpler for the operator and prevent the risk of stains.
It is also indicated for the barcode printing because of its high printing quality.
This technology is being increasingly more popular because of its printing speed.
This is not necessary. You can save the labels on USB flash drive and transfer them to the printer.
The Corner Edge head guarantees 12 dot (300 dpi) high-quality printing.
We recommend having the following spare parts at hand if you need your printer to be operational at all times:
- A thermal head
- A CPU card
- An interface board
- A power pack
Compressed air is fundamental for printer operation.
To respond to a common need of many customers requiring to print on two sides without using too much self-adhesive paper, Eidos has designed a printer capable for printing two equal labels on two sides of the same box.
Yes, of course. You will be charged an extra for the design when ordering non-standard pads.
The currently available accessory devices are:
- Devices for connecting to SYNC24 I/O: photocells, junction boxes, indicating beacon, pedal etc.
- RS232 connections: serial cable, USB-RS232 converters etc.
- RS422 connections with PLC: opto-insulated converter etc.
- Wireless connections: Access Point, USB-Wi-Fi converters etc.
- Ethernet connections: USB-Ethernet converters etc.
- Page selection function by 4 digits binary activation at 24V (0.LM1,..,15.LM1)
- Page recall function by means of barcode reader with optical pen or flash reader.
- Air treatment devices: pressure regulators, filters etc.
- IP65 protection for electronic unit
You can use other programs instead of Easycode for generating the labels. Our printers are compatible with the most common software programs.
The available nominal flash memory is approximately 2-2.5 MB.
In practice, the operating system of the printer compresses the files being saved to disk making them smaller.
Important: the file compression coefficient depends on contents.
Example: a 10KB file in .LM1 format which contains nearly all the graphic part (format already compressed by Easycode) is compressed much less than a .LM1 file of the same size which contains only ASCII characters (e.g. uncompressed text, barcodes, boxes etc.).
For the sake of safety, it is advisable to consider that the rear memory capacity of the C: disk is the physical capacity, i.e. 2 – 2.5MB.
The operating system of the printer will allow up to 512 files.
Some Eidos customer manage up to 480 files without problems. However, we recommend installing programs equal to or higher than 3.00 on the printer.
The following file types can be printed with the SATO CL612 windows driver:
- .xls generated with Excel
- .doc generated with MS Word
- .pdf generated with Acrobat
- .Jpeg generated with COREL Draw, Photo Paint, Paint Brush etc.
If a program can manage a Windows Driver, then the file created with it can be probably printed with an Eidos printer.
No. Only the devices that the printer driver can recognise are managed. For this reason, it is advisable to use only devices tested by Eidos.
Yes, they can work interdependently.
– the bar code reading laser can be connected via USB-RS232 converter to any one of the three ports
– the USB-Ethernet or USB-Wifi converters can be connected to any one of the three ports
– the USB memory may be plugged into the front port or any one of the three rear ports
In theory you can. Today we have these examples of connection:
– The Smart Card reader device on one port and the USB-WIFI converter on the other.
– Optical laser on one port and the USB-Ethernet converter on the other.
Printers with touchscreen do not have a Serial User port: where can I plug in the optical pen or laser for checking the printed barcode?
These devices must be connected to one of the USB-HOST ports using the USB-RS232 converter. The serial optical pen must also be connected via the USB-RS232 converter.
Thermal ribbons and labels
For materials which are difficult to print, Eidos has a wide range of ribbons capable of guaranteeing a good printing quality.